Free DITM Podcast With Jeff Cohen-CEO Halt Medical on Medical Device Invention Process
I’m so excited to share with you my latest docinthemachine podcast with Jeff Cohen — serial entrepreneur and current CEO of Halt Medical (a gyn fibroid treatment statup), Voyage Air Guitar (the world’s best foldable guitar),Â and Nashville publishers Savannah Music Group just recorded live at the 38th Global Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynecolog in Orlando Florida.
You might recognize JeffÂ who was recently featured on ABC’s Shark Tank where he turned down the shark’s offer of $500,000 for his guitar idea.Â In the podcast we discussed the unique opportunities and challenges of medical device development- and innovation in general.
I was immediately struck by Jeff’s unique perspective and vision when I met him.Â He has innovated in so many different areas and has successfully partnered with physician inventors for blockbuster devices.
Topics We Cover in the Podcast:
- What’s unique about medical device development and how the potential returns differ from other industries
- Advice for the physician/inventor where to go with your idea–pitfalls, how to protect your intellectual property and how to partner and start a company
- Is your idea good enough to form a company?
- The dangers of big companies and the opportunities of start-ups
- All you need is a fantastic idea and where to go from there
- What to look for in a business partner
- What’s similar between innovation in any industry-medical,Â music publishing, and internet?
- What is the unique opportunity in today economic climate?
Hope you enjoy and get inspired…Â All you need is a great idea– and as Jeff says- I believe everyone has one.
You can listen to the podcast below or download it in 3 versions — a single file or split into part 1 and 2.